Thursday, August 21, 2014

Emmy Predictions Part One

As promised, here are my Emmy predictions for the broadcast. I'll put down who I hope will win and who will actually win (a la Entertainment Weekly). For some reason the Emmy's are airing on a Monday (due to football, I guess), but I wont let having to work all day mess with me catching the red carpet. haha Since I haven't read much on predictions and I'm worse at predicting Emmy's than Oscar's, it'll be interesting to see how things out. The night of the show I will take score and see how I did and what I though of the winners/the show in preparation for my round-up blog.


Source
Outstanding Comedy Series

        Who Should Win: Orange is the New Black. I absolutely love this show. It has amazing diversity and character development and does a great job of showing the prison microcosm.

        Who Will Win: Modern Family. Emmy voters are obsessed with this show and it has already won this award 4 times in a row. I will be happy if I get this one wrong and OITNB or something else wins just to keep this award fresh.

Outstanding Drama Series

       Who Should Win: Game of Thrones, True Detective. In my perfect world, these shows would win with a tie because they both did amazing things with their subject matter. I was raised on Mystery/Suspense as much as I was in Fantasy, so these shows have been amazing for me to watch.

       Who Will Win: Breaking Bad. Honestly they earned it with Ozymandias, an episode people still talk about to this day as being the best thing they've seen. Plus it's their final year, so I'm fine with them taking it.

Outstanding Variety Series

       Who Should Win: The Tonight Show Starring Jmmy Fallon. Despite the criticism, he's put up nice numbers and has some really memorable sketches.

       Who Will Win: The Colbert Report. Fresh off its win last year, I feel like this is primed to give Colbert the crown again as he heads off to the Late Show.

Outstanding Miniseries

      Who Should Win: American Horror Story: Coven. Bassett, Bates, Lange. Need I say more?

      Who Will Win: Fargo. I still think it'll be between this and AHS, but I've heard very good things about this show. It'll come down to which Hollywood heavyweights the voters prefer honestly.

Hmm but I'm torn. Since the Movie/series categories were merged, Asylum and Murder House both lost to movies, so the voters may want to give it to AHS this year to make up for past years and the casts fantastic work. Plus Angela Basset was amazing. So if it doesn't go to AHS, I'm sure it'll got to Fargo.

Outstanding Television Movie

      Who Should Win: The Normal Heart. Critical acclaim and the subject matter fits with previous winners (serious real-life issue/event).

      Who Will Win: The Normal Heart. HBO has been on a serious win streak (they're not bound by the same FCC restrictions) in this category.

Outstanding Reality- Competition Program

      Who Should Win: The Amazing Race. *see below*

      Who Will Win: The Amazing Race. They lost last year due to the novelty of The Voice, but I'm sure they will reclaim their crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment