Monday, April 7, 2014

Meltdown Mondays

Welcome back to another Monday here at the FanGirlingOut blog. I hope you enjoyed my Game of Thrones episode recap/reaction (if not, you can check it out here) and let me know what you think of the episode. I try to write in the way that I talk (so yes, I'm just as ridiculous in person) to give a more personalized look at the show. I do think that I will try to continue doing a review fresh from watching the show, though I may miss some events, I still get the general gist from the episode. I think at the end of the season, I will regrade the episodes and then the season as a whole once I'm able to digest everything. I'll probably make a new page where I will put my recaps/reviews of tv/movies that I think are interesting.

In honor of PAX East this weekend, I'm going to theme my articles around video games and the industry. I decided I will do a special Favorite Things this week leading up to the event with my favorite video games (ha, just when I got a break from my Month of Thrones ending). I will try to finish that up by Friday since I'm leaving super early for Boston on Saturday. I'm only going to PAX for Saturday and Sunday, but I will have my recaps in parts probably starting on Monday so look for that.

I do plan on bringing back my Favorite Things series on a full-time basis but as a weekly (Sunday) feature rather than every day. Obviously when there is a special event I may do a special weeklong edition, but I definitely won't do that all of the time because its a lot of work. In case you couldn't tell, I like to write a lot (although I don't intend to necessarily) but mainly I like to focus on the quality and getting the breadth of what ever I am talking about (kind of gives you an inkling of what actually is going on in my head).

As I am just starting out with my geeky travels (PAX, Ice & Fire Con, ConCarolinas), I'm sure I will get more ideas for things to add to this blog. Next year I plan on attending Worldcon (Sasquan), which is the World Science-Fiction/Fantasy Convention that takes place in different locations each year. This year is London and next year is Spokane, Washington State, and so forth. It is the biggest con in the sci-fi/fantasy community and also hosts the Hugo Awards, which are the best of the genre. Also George RR Martin goes every year, so that's another reason for me to go. I would also like to go to New York and San Diego Comic Cons with some smaller ones sprinkled in like Baltimore and Philly. I also plan on checking out Otakon since it's in my neck of the woods and of course the Renaissance Faire, which I go to every year.

So with all of the stuff I have going on (weddings, travel, school), I'm sure I'll hve plenty of things to talk about so stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment