Thursday, April 10, 2014

Video Game Madness


Source
Smash Brothers- in highly anticipated news, it was announced that two new characters were coming to the Smash Brothers franchise: Charizard and Greninja. Check out the cool introduction video to these two characters here. I've always been Team Yoshi when I play either Smash Bros. or Mario Kart, but Charizard would be another awesome character to play. I will definitely be getting this game when it comes out for the 3DS next month or so. Surprisingly, the WiiU version is coming out this winter, which I don't understand, since they are trying to get people to buy their new system instead of adding to their already successful 3DS, but I digress. In other Nintendo news, we're hearing that the studio behind the Super Mario franchise is working on another 3D game, so it will be interesting to see if it will be in same vein as Galaxy, Sunshine, or the RPG (that people are clamoring for), or if it will be like Super Mario World.

The Last of Us- it was announced officially that TLOS is getting a remastered version that will include the DLC "Left Behind" and will be made for the PlayStation 4. This is exciting news as it brings another high quality game (and last year's game of the year) to the growing list of games for the system that released last November. I've heard only good things about the gameplay, story and graphics, so I think I will definitely check this game out, despite my issues with zombies.

Source


Borderlands- it was also announced by Gearbox that there will be a pre-sequel set between the first and second installments and will be made by 2K Australia. It will only be available for last gen (meaning XBox 360 and PS3) and also for PC. I've played a couple of hours of Borderlands and I do enjoy it, even though it is different than anything I have played before. It will be interesting to see how this pre-sequel (version 1.5) and Telltale's Tales from the Borderlands will both fair. This is a really popular series so I'm sure it will be able to retain it popularity if it can retain the things that people loved previously and add some new and exciting features.

Game of the Month- The editors over at IGN pick South Park: The Stick of Truth as their Game of the Month. Despite my original thoughts, its looking like this game will at least be in the round of consideration for game of the year. Check out their reasoning here. I feel like this game got a lot of people to play RPGs (role-playing games) that normally don't but chose to for the South Park name and found a well-made game as a result. There is still many months before actual GOTY conjecture but games like this, The Wolf Among and the Walking Dead Season 2 are shaping up nicely as contenders.

1 comment: